The Fictionista Workshop writer is an integral part of the workshop as a whole. Writers are the central part and the key to the success of the workshop process. Writers are asked to submit a portion of their manuscript for editing and then group critique each week for the twelve weeks of the workshop. This means that writers are constantly under a deadline for the twelve weeks as they continuously edit their work and participate in the active critique of their manuscript. A writer must maintain a positive attitude and be willing to accept criticism. Positive writer feedback and participation is critical for a successful Workshop.
In order to be considered for the Fictionista Workshop environment, all writers must submit both an application and a portion of their manuscript by the required date.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
- The current workshop is for completed works of original fiction.
- In order to be considered for the workshop, all writers must guarantee no plagiarism in their work and provide history of any published work, if applicable.
- The “manuscript” consists of a story outline and the first 5,000 to 7,000 words of the completed story. Submissions should be uploaded into the Writer application where indicated.
- Submissions must be in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- We are currently not accepting applications for the Writing Workshop. The Writing Collective will run a Spring session this year, and if you are interested, please click on the Collective link on the menu bar.
- All applicants should have been contacted and notified of the status of their application shortly after being received.
Copyright © 2011 Fictionista Workshop. All Rights Reserved.